Reinhardt’s first female a cappella group, the ‘Hardt Breakers, put on an extravagant event on March 31 at the Falany Performing Arts Center. The ‘Hardt Breakers, along with Dean Rusk Middle School’s eighth-grade chorus, performed a 12-song show that was unforgettable.
The concert was held to raise money for the Children’s Haven located in Canton, Ga. According to the Children’s Haven website, the mission of The Children’s Haven is “to promote the health and happiness of children impacted by abuse. They are committed to building successful children through programs that increase their safety and improve their educational, social and emotional functioning.”
“I thought the show was cool,” sophomore Matthew Hobbs said.
The ‘Hardt Breakers includes Natalie Beaty, Sarah Beegle, Mikensley Clayton, Elise Davis, Mary Allia Endredi, Joy Etheridge, Nikki Johnson, Kayla Thomas, Shelby Trotta, Laura Sellers, Lexie Stinson, and Ambria Williams.
The following pieces were performed:
- “Stand By Me” arranged by Emerson
- “The Climb” arranged by Sharon
- “Bottom of the River” arranged by Morgan
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” arranged by Hayes
- “Penny Lane” arranged by Snyder
- “Silvy” arranged by Smiley
- “Embraceable You” arranged by Kirby Shaw
- “White Winter Hymnal” arranged by Billingsley
- “Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)” arranged by Evans
- “Send My Love” arranged by Flugel
- “Best Day of My Life” arranged by Sharon
- “Back to the Basics” arranged by Sharon
The crowd appeared to love the performances by the student performers and their special guests.
Written by: Malik Golar
Photos provided by Natalie Batdey and the ‘Hardt Breakers Facebook page